Tuesday, 8 May 2012

It's about time that...

I updated my blog! When I started my journey into blogland I honestly intended to be a frequent blogger. Unfortunately life takes you away from what you plan to achieve!
Little chick's sleeping patterns have been erratic (well an absolute nightmare to be honest) So I've been enduring many sleepless nights and/or sharing her bed. We have tried charts, a gro clock and allsorts but there is little improvement. My gut feeling is that her adoption (attachment and loss etc) is causing these anxieties at bedtime - especially after I leave and go downstairs. Constantly reassuring her leaves me with little spare time and feeling shattered! I just flop at night rather than typing my little thoughts on my little blog. I am now making a concentrated effort to keep my ramblings updated and try and manage to read some of my fave ones too!

In other news...
I can crochet!!! Yay! I attended a short course in November and I just love it :) I'm currently crocheting a blanket for little chick. She has called it a rainbow snuggle blanket. I will post some pics when I finish it - I am on to final few stripes now and need to add a border.

The garden & chicken news...
The chickens are doing great! Mabel is the Grand Lady at four years old & the babies (Rosie, Olive & Dotty) are all one year old now. I love them dearly but they are little menaces! They are digging up everything, they are even eating my cotoneaster & with the help from the weather my lawn has been decimated! I am desperate for a walk in run... it will give them freedom but hopefully let my garden recover a bit. I just need to win the lottery to pay for it!
We've planted some sunflower seeds & carrots in the front garden. We also plan to grow some tomatoes and strawberries. My little chick loves digging, watching them grow & more importantly eating the goods afterwards :)

I think that is all for now! I feel a bit relieved that I've manged to get on here today. I promise I won't leave it so long until next time xxx

1 comment:

  1. Hope all is well with you. You will really enjoy crocheting. I am so glad I learned (like you I went on a - 1 day - course) and I haven't stopped hooking since!
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete